My Cleaning Fairies

fair·y  /ˈfe(ə)rē/  Noun: A small imaginary being form that has magical powers.


     Are fairies real?  The belief in the existence of fairies originally began with the fairies of medieval Western European folklore which later became known as Fairy Tales. For many, many years, little girls have enjoyed dreaming about these mythological creatures and their magical pixie dust.
 
     Of course in our youthful days, we imagined what the tooth fairy must look like, and the magical place where she took all of our teeth. (Ugh, not such a magical thought now, is it?)
 
     I think we have all probably had at least one moment in our lives when we wished for our Fairy Godmother to appear with her little wand...waving it about.  Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!  And suddenly all of our wishes and dreams would come true.
 
     So do real fairies exist?
Yes, certain fairies do exist.  How do I know this?  I know this because they have been showing up to clean my house for the past ten weeks. Do my fairies have wings and wands and pixie dust?  No, at least I don't think so, but they have magically walked into a difficult time of my life and took care of a household chore that I was struggling to accomplish.

     After my first treatment, a dear friend of mine, who lives in California, asked me what my biggest obstacle at that moment. And as I looked around me where seven people's stuff surrounded me creating what looked very much like an obstacle course, I told her cleaning the house.  Since she was miles away, and couldn't help me, she scheduled cleaning fairies to come each week.  With my husband working fall harvest 70-80 hour weeks, and the kids on five different soccer teams, I cannot begin to tell you how much this has meant to me.  Not only have these fairies saved me the time and energy, they have made it possible for me to come home from my treatments to a clean house...a house I can actually relax in!   

My cleaning fairies have become one of my greatest gifts since my diagnosis. And I hope my fairies know, whoever they are, how very thankful I am for them! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Breast Expanders...What are They and How Do They Work?

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly