Taxol Chemo Update

I have just finished my fifth of twelve weekly Taxol chemo treatments.  The treatments take about an hour and a half.  First I get a little bag of Benadryl which instantly makes me loopy.  Next I get a little bag of steroid, which makes me endlessly hungry for the next 24 hours.  Then I get a little bag of Zantac to help my stomach.  The bag of Taxol takes about an hour.  It is going better than I expected.  I can't do much but rest the following two days as I am exhausted and achy.  But I am able to work most days.

My hair has been falling out for almost two weeks now.  I lose a pretty decent pile of strands and strands of it everyday.  I tell you though, I had a head full of hair because while it has really thinned out, if you didn't know, you may not be able to tell.  I do pull it back and wear a hat everyday to contain it.  Otherwise, it is all over my shirt and desk all day!  Luke uses a pet hair roller on my shirt before I leave each day. As you can see he thinks it is quite funny!
The nurses and pharmacist at my treatment center said I should have lost it all by now, so they think there is a chance I won't.  I am not going to count on that, but I will let it give me a little hope! 

Thanks for all of your prayers!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly

Breast Expanders...What are They and How Do They Work?