Chapter 2 The Journey Continues

Chapter 2...hmm, I never planned on a Chapter 2.  Actually, I wasn't certain I would ever add another post to this blog.  While the memories had many silver linings, there was enough painfulness that I preferred to forget.  
But I have returned and so the story goes... 
I had this annoying neck pain that would not allow me to sleep on my side. That is my happy way to sleep, so as you can imagine, I was not sleeping well.  Pain coming down the sides of my neck into my collarbones.  I tried everything I could think of...one pillow, two pillows, new pillows, heat, neck massage, but nothing helped.  So when I called my oncologist to get her opinion on what I should do, I was surprised to hear her say a bone scan.  Well one scan led to another until it was determined I needed a bone biopsy of a lytic lesion on my manubrium, which is the top portion of the sternum. 
I am sad to report that they determined it to be breast cancer, the same type as I had before...Estrogen and HER2 receptor positive.  I do not know many other details at this point.  I go to my oncologist and begin treatments on Wednesday.  Update to come. 
We are keeping it real and positive here.  I have am blessed with wonderful and supportive family, friends, and community.  I have five amazing kids and husband who will keep me occupied and laughing.

Please keep us in your prayers as we take on Round 2!  


Stupid Cancer 

Comments

  1. Lori, you're immediately re-instated at the top of my "hall of fame" prayer list (-:
    So glad you've posted and shared the news, so we can be on your side as you step into the ring, once again, to battle "stupid cancer"! May you continue to be surrounded by a great cloud of family, friends and supporters, each step of the way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Breast Expanders...What are They and How Do They Work?

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly