Life Forever Altered

Today I got to spend the day with my mom and my sister-in-law, Kesha, while I did treatment package #5.  We had fun chatting it up while I got my two infusions (Herceptin and Perjeta) and two injections (Lupron and Xgeva). But I have to say the best part of the day was leaving the Taxotere OUT of the the equation!!!  Well and maybe Noodles afterwards ;)

So now I will keep doing this every three weeks as we try to keep everything in control. I have to admit, there is a wave of anxiety and fear that follows the flood of joy when your doctor tells you, we have it under control right now.  While it is different, it is almost as overwhelming as the fear and anxiety as the diagnosis.  My life is forever altered with the what-ifs of the my unknown future.  There are often moments consumed with when and what the next battle ahead of me will be. While so very thankful that we got this one under control, I find myself facing yet another "new normal" and looking for some semblance of the Lori I was before cancer.

Thanks for always having my back #teamlori.  
God bless you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Breast Expanders...What are They and How Do They Work?

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly