12-13-14

   Fun Fact...As you may have seen on social media yesterday, 12/ 13/ 14 was the last sequential date of the century,  The next one won't be until 01/ 02/ 2103. Not a date most of us plan on seeing, although I suppose some of our children might.
   12/ 13/ 14 also happened to be my 44th birthday.  My "birthday week" was full of some wonderful blessings, although it was a rough week as well.
   Wednesday was infusion day.  Since my doctor only needs to see me every six weeks right now, I was able to do my treatments in Tipton this time.  My mother-in-law, Charlene, and my sister-in-law, Twilla and my sweet little niece, Annie, came to hang out with me at the hospital.
   As you can see, Annie wasn't too excited about her favorite aunt only having one arm available to hold her during the treatment.  Later though, we had some quality bonding time which was truly one of the best gifts of the week.  I am a baby lover. There is something that just gives me such peace while holding a sleeping baby.
   Unfortunately, this treatment was not so kind to me.  Thursday was a rough day, but my co-workers brightened it by taking me to Olive Garden for my birthday.
   Friday, I was feeling better. I spent the day hanging out with my dear friend, Susan.  Susan days are always a blessing.
   Friday evening, my family took me to dinner.  A great night full of laughs with my husband, my kids, my parents and my brother's family. I just don't know how I would make it through without my family and the blessings they are everyday.
   Yesterday, I woke up feeling terrible. Even so, I was one of the coordinators for Jubilee Christmas at our church, and I didn't want to miss it.  Helping other families at Christmas time reminds me how fortunate I have always been, and no child should ever not feel the magic of Christmas.  We had a wonderful turnout of volunteers, as we shared breakfast and then gift wrapping with nine local families.  I have a difficult time asking others for help when I need it, so as I look into some of these mothers' eyes, I think about how hard it may have been for them to ask for this help.  Even though our struggles are all different, we are all struggling in some way, and we are here to help each other. 
   Yesterday afternoon was Ben's company Christmas party.  This was our 18th Beck's Christmas party and even though I felt horrible, I still really wanted to go.  As I was sitting at the table with my coat on yet holding a cold water bottle on my head, Ben and I decided it was a good idea to leave early.  I guess I have ended up with this yucky virus several of my kids have had. 
   So while I am feeling a little better today, I vow to spend the day relaxing in my recliner and prepare for another busy week ahead.
   Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes yesterday. While yes social media has some negatives, you cannot deny how great it is to receive so many birthday posts from friends and family, near and far on Facebook! 
   God Bless!
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly

The Mystery of Strength