2015 Seemed So Far Away

     I remember the day I found out I was pregnant. Ben and I lived in a cute little duplex in the small town of Pendleton, Indiana.  It was early December 1995.  It was cold enough to snow outside but warm enough that I didn't mind walking to the grocery that evening. We only lived a couple blocks away, and we needed a few things for dinner. I remember as the biggest snowflakes fell from the sky, all I could think about was how excited I was to have this new life inside of me. As I happily strolled along, all I could think about was the family Ben and I were about to create! We were so fortunate as we went on to have four more children in the next seven years.

     Where did the time go?  How did 18 years go by already?  When Jake was born and we realized when he would graduate from high school, 2015 seemed so far away! It wasn't even the 2000's! No one was carrying around cell phones, and we didn't even own a computer yet! Suddenly here we are...planning a graduation party and planning for his move to IUPUI. 
     This has been a very emotional time for me as I think of my other loves and pray that I may be here for their graduations too. And as I looked back through all of our pictures to pull some out of Jake for the graduation, I was flooded with beautiful memories. 
      I know that he will do great, but it is hard to let go. I think as mothers, we feel almost a little torn, as we are so sad they are leaving, but at the same time so excited for them to enter the next chapter of their life. 
     Enjoy the time you have with them...time is so precious!
    
     Jake spent the day with me Wednesday at the IU Simon Cancer Center which is on the IUPUI campus.  He went to the student advisors office and then stopped to get himself a couple Jaguar shirts while I saw my doctor.  Then he met up with me for Treatment #13. After my infusions, we went to go check out the apartment he is going to live in next year.  I am thrilled that he will be living just a couple of blocks from the cancer center
Congratulations Jake! 
I am so very proud of the young man you have become...
I love you!

Comments

  1. Yay! Congratulations! Glad he gets to be all grown up, but not too far away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Breast Expanders...What are They and How Do They Work?

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly