Enduring Uncertainty

     Can you endure your uncertainty until it shows you another way? 
     Uncertainty causes anxiety as it attempts to make you feel powerless. Uncertainty steals your ability to control situations in your life that you so desire to control. While struggling to hold on to some small piece of control, you desperately search for a new path, a new way to survive, even it is only temporary.  The horrifying uncertainty begins the second you hear those words..."You have Metastatic Breast Cancer."
      I have been faced with the challenge of enduring uncertainty too many times over the past several years. Progression is found and the immense feelings of uncertainty hits again. You start a new treatment, and there is a small sense of relief...maybe this is the way. But then you don't know what the side effects will be like, or if your body will even be able to tolerate this new drug or multiple drugs. How long will this treatment work...maybe 6 months, 12 months, or maybe I will be a lucky one whose treatment will last for years.  When you find your new way...and the drug is stabilizing or even eliminating some of the cancer, you are then given a moment to relax a little and let the uncertainty settle.
     Since I found out that the last clinical trial I was on did not work at all, the uncertainty has been overwhelming.  My biopsy was scheduled right away and the waiting began.  In about a week, I learned that the cancer was still Estrogen+ and HER2+. But the uncertainty continued as I waited another 2 weeks for the Match Trial results.  Unfortunately, I did not have any mutations that matched any of the trial drugs.  Although I was hoping for a Match Trial drug, at least we now knew the way forward.  
     Last Wednesday, I started a new treatment plan consisting of two drugs...Ibrance and Faslodex. No infusions for a while.  The Ibrance is a pill I take everyday for 21 days and then 7 days off.  The Faslodex is injections that I receive every four weeks.  Oh how I hope this is a treatment plan that will stabilize things and let me relax some for a while.  
Two of my amazing MBC friends
Our 3rd LBBC conference together
     Through time of uncertainty between treatment plans, I was able to take a trip to Philadelphia for the Living Beyond Breast Cancer's Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference where I was able to meet up with many of my friends from across that country, as well as make some new friends. It is so wonderful for us to get together as we are able to share our fears, our miseries, our dreams and our grief for those we lose so often to this incurable cancer. I adore these women!
    
    We all face uncertainty in our lives.  When you do, remember to "Embrace the Suck," as my son Levi would say. Help each other through. It's the people who help you through day by day that remind you that you can endure.  So very thankful for my people. 

Comments

  1. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to go to the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a ladycalled peter Lizzy she was testifies to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

The Mystery of Strength

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly