Surgery Update

I am happy to say that I am home and functioning after my reconstruction surgery today!! 
My surgery was scheduled at 1:00 pm today.  So of course, I had to stop eating and drinking at midnight.  For those of you who know me well, I love to eat, so this was a bit of a difficult task for me! 
We arrived at IU Health University Hospital right on time at 11:00 am.  After confirming my name, date of birth, medications, and procedure to be done about 12 times, and having two doctors draw all over my chest with a black Sharpies, I was ready for surgery. 
They let me walk down to the OR.  What a strange feeling it is to walk into your OR and jump up onto that very skinny table.  After one more round of confirming my name, date of birth, and procedure to be done, all five people in the room got busy.  The anesthesiologist was attaching very cold stickers to me.  One nurse was covering me with warm blankets, while another was putting on the blood pressure cuff.  Another nurse was putting on those wonderful leg massage cuffs that I absolutely love!  And one final nurse was adjusting my arms and giving me oxygen.  Did I mention that this was ALL happening at the same TIME!  But then, it all went dark.
What did they do?  They removed my miserable, heavy stone-like expanders and replaced them with silicone implants.  This is an outpatient procedure, so I am home and resting. 
How do I feel?  Not too bad really. I was starving, so Ben and I went to eat at McAlister's Deli on the way home. Yum!  I am in pain, but I am feeling well enough to type this, and hang out in the recliner with my kids. 
How do they look?  I don't yet.  I'm in too much pain to remove my bandages.  So for now, I'm saying, they probably look hot! :)
Thank you for all of your prayers!  I am so thankful for my family and friends that have been so great along the way!  Love to all of you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly

The Mystery of Strength