Glad You're on MyTeam

I had my second round of treatments on Wednesday.   I had three infusions...Taxotere Herceptin, and Perjeta.  (Someday soon, I will write a post explaining more about those three drugs.)  I was blessed to have spent the day with two amazing friends, Becky and Merilee.  They did a great job at keeping me laughing and happy all day...including having our own little pizza party.  
So far, I feel fortunate that the treatments are mostly just causing aching and fatigue...and no nausea!  The chemo has stolen most of my hair now so now you just never know what hair I may be wearing.


I was able to go to Jake's Soccer Senior Night the next day.  What a blessing to be able to so proudly walk out onto the field with Jake.  What a wonderful young man he has grown up to be.  Goodness high school goes so fast!


The Boys High School Soccer Team













Which leads me to "Team Lori." Thanks to a hashtag that my son David started, and two wonderful friends, Dawn & Kalen, who created shirts and bracelets, my #teamlori has grown to hundreds of people.  When "I" is replaced by "WE" even illness becomes wellness. I need all of you to know how much this team means to me...all of the shirts, bracelets, pink shoelaces, hugs, prayers, greeting cards, and gifts.  Your team support not only is what helps get me through, it also makes my family feel stronger.

Thanks for being on my team!

The Girls High School Soccer Team




Comments

  1. Lori you are an amazing woman. I cannot thank you enough for showing us "sisters" how to stay positive
    And keep from giving up. You are in our prayers .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly

The Mystery of Strength