Good Morning America

December 13, 2070 
"Good Morning America" Taping 
Prius Williams Broadcaster for GMA

End of commercial break
Prius: The fun continues today on Good Morning America, as we have Lori Tragesser here celebrating her 100th birthday.  Now what makes Lori's 100th birthday special?  Well, Lori was in the first group of incredible women to be cured of HER2+ Stage IV Metastatic Breast Cancer.  She is here today to tell us little about that journey, and give us some advice on how we should live our lives.
Prius: looks to Lori   Lori it is great to have your here.
Lori: looking a little nervous but smiling from ear to ear with her curly dark brown hair because she refuses to be gray.  It is great to be here Prius.  Prius? Interesting name. Honey, did your parents name you after their car?
Prius: looking confused No I don't think so.
Lori: Anyways, I always told my kids to look out, I was going to live to be 100!
Prius: That is great!  So your cancer diagnosis was way back in 2014?
Lori:  Oh yes 2014...Well Prius, you weren't even born yet, were you?
Prius: laughing No, but my mom was born in 2015.
Lori:  Oh my yes, well anyways, on August 27, 2014, my son's birthday, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Metastatic Breast Cancer that was ER+ PR+ HER2+.
Prius:  Wow that had to be scary because there wasn't a cure then right?
Lori:  Right. It was treatable but not curable.  Those are scary words to hear when you have five children ages 18, 16, 14, 12, and 10.
Prius: So this was your second diagnosis of breast cancer, correct?
Lori:   Yes, but this time the cancer had metastasized to my manubrium, which is the upper part of your sternum.  Once breast cancer had spread beyond your breasts or lymph system in your body, it was considered Stage IV Metastatic. 
Prius:  Those had to be hard words to hear.
Lori:  They were because back then, the doctors couldn't tell you when or where the cancer would show up next, just that it likely would.  Your life changes in an instant.  You look at everything differently.  I was so scared because I had this amazing husband and five young children and had so much I still wanted to do with them.  So I told myself  to just deal with it one day at a time, and stay strong and positive, and show this cancer thing who's boss.
Prius: So what types of treatments were you given?
Lori:  I started out with an infusion concoction of Taxotere, Herceptin, and Perjeta.  Taxotere was a chemotherapy drug, you know we lost our hair when we had to take that stuff?
Prius looks horrified
Lori: Herceptin and Perjeta were targeted infusion therapies for HER2+ Cancer.  Perjeta was a new promising drug that led to prolonging lives.  While these infusions had some not so fun side effects, they were working targeted treatments as we waited for a cure.
Prius: So how did your life change?
Lori:  Well I tried to start living life to it's fullest...spending as much quality time with my family and friends as possible.  You see Prius, we all have a mental list of things we want to do, people we want to spend more time with and places we want to go. But we let ourselves get so bogged down with being busy that we just don't take the time. So I just started taking the time and working on that list. 
Prius: And I am guessing you had a wonderful support system?
Lori:   My support system is what helped me stay positive and fight through it as researchers aggressively worked to find a cure.   I don't know what I would have done without all of my family (which is quite large) and my amazing friends. Even my community...let me tell you, the town of Tipton, Indiana was one giving and loving and supportive community.  I know I am here today because of the support and prayers from all these amazing people.
Prius:  That is so great Lori.  We are so glad that you are here with us today, and so thankful that researchers and doctors were able to make it possible for women like you to be thriving today at 100 years old. Any advice for our viewers?
Lori: Yes, listen kids, live life to its fullest.  Slow things down a bit, take a look at your life, and enjoy your time... because none of us know when it is our last day. Be thankful for every moment, every memory and every day you are given!
Prius: Great advice!  We are so glad you could be with us today.
Lori: Oh wait...I have a message for my kids, if you don't mind Prius.
Prius:  Sure go ahead.
Lori: looking straight into the camera   Kids, I want you to give me my car keys back.  I mean it! Don't listen to your father! Because I CAN SEE just fine to drive!
Prius: Nervously laughing and looking at her producer for help  Okay well thanks Lori for being on GMA with us today.  Happy 100th Birthday!
Start commercial break

And so this is how we hope and pray the story goes.  
Let's show cancer who's boss!
Thanks for all of your prayers and support!
Love you all!
Lori




 



Comments

  1. Perfect! Just perfect! I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're writing...must be all that spare time you have (-:
    Praying, and claiming Love which overcomes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, you are simply AMAZING!! Love you!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such words of wisdom from an amazing gal who will win her battle, love ya Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori- Really enjoyed reading your creative approach for keeping a positive mindset. Thank you for sharing, Shawn Legg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Few Months ago i went for a check up in the hospital, the doctor took my blood for test and told me to come after 3 days for the results, after 3 days passed i went back to the hospital for the results,and it was then the doctor told me that i was diagnosed with HIV virus.
    On that very day i was left with no happiness and everything in life became meaningless to me, i began to think on how i could get rid of this virus from my body, i decided to go on internet and do some research, while i was surfing the internet i came across some good testimonials on how Dr Idahosa has been using his herbal medicine to treat and save different patients from various diseases and infections, i also saw someone who was commenting on how she was cured from HIV with the medicine.
    To me i never believed in them, that was the first time to come across something like that, i just decided to try it out if it did really worked!
    They gave the contact details of Dr Idahosa and i copied his email and later that night i sent him a message concerning my health.
    He later gave me a response and then we talked about the medicine and he said to me he was going to send the medicine to my home address and that he needed my address of where i reside.
    I sent him all he requested for in other to get the medicine ready for me, and after 3 days i received a mail from the Post Office and to my surprised it was the herbal medicine from Dr Idahosa.
    He explained to me on how i was to take the medicine, he said i was to take 2 times daily for 14 days, i followed exactly as i was told, before he sent me the medicine he said that i should go for check up after finish drinking the medicine, so after i finished the medicine i went back to the hospital for check up and to my greatest surprise again i was told that i am negative, i know someone would not believed this, but it did happened to a brother like me, i have always dreamed of living in good health again, thank god everything went well for me and thank god for Dr Idahosa Miracle Healing Medicine, you can reach Dr Idahosa at { dridahosasolutioncenter@gmail.com } or call his whatssap on +2348134261542, friends this man has a cure to all human disease, do not believe in medical drugs, let try some Natural Remedy.
    Forever remain grateful Doc....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly

The Mystery of Strength