A Car Wash, A Giving Community, and Some Airtime

I work for the Tipton County Foundation. A couple of weeks ago, Joe, a Foundation board member, approached me about a fundraiser he was planning. He works for a local car dealership, and they were organizing a car wash to raise money for breast cancer awareness. Joe wanted to give the money to the Women's Fund at the Foundation for me to find a program to put this money to good use. I was so touched that they were doing this, and I was going to be a part of it!

So last Saturday, the community pulled together and had one of Dan Young GM Center's highest profitting car washes. Tragesser Pumpkin Farm brought a truck load of pumpkins to give away to children.  White's Meat Market donated hot dogs and apple cider. But best of all, the Dan Young employees were there dressed in pink and ready to wash vehicles! 

Dan Young's owner, Rick Brown cooking the hot dogs
Pumpkins

The fun part was when DJ, Allan James from WWKI arrived to do live radio broadcast throughout the morning, and he asked ME to do the broadcast with him!  This provided me a chance to discuss the importance of early detection and encourage women to schedule a mammogram, as well as, tell my story!  What an amazing opportunity!   


Thank you Joe Cottingham, Rick Brown, and all the Dan Young GM Center Tipton employees!  I am so glad they let me hang out even though I own a Honda and don't listen to country music!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly

The Mystery of Strength