2012 Be Gone

It was just a couple of days into 2012 when I called my late friend, Karen King. After swapping a few stories about some unusually awkward moments, I said, "Wow Karen, I don't know what is going on, but I'm thinking that AWKWARD might just be the word of the year for 2012. She replied quickly with an "Oh Lord, it has to get better." But you know, it never really did....especially for dear Karen who passed away in September.

Don't get me wrong, there were some wonderful things that happened in 2012. I always count my blessings! And I learned that the goodness of people outshines everything else. But the good had a hard time outweighing the bad...not just for me, but for a lot of people.

I am pretty sure that I knew more people that went to be with our Heavenly Father in 2012 than in any other year of my life...and maybe even quite a few years combined. Our parish saw more funerals than it had for several years.

Four women from our parish, including myself, were diagnosed with breast cancer within a short time period. I also just learned that a nearby neighbor has been diagnosed as well. Along with this, were a few scares of mammogram call backs of some other women close to me.

So this, thankfully being one of the last days of 2012, has led me to typing this post on my little qwerty touch keyboard on my iPhone. And you think..."that seems silly". Why the phone? Well you see, I have been wanting to write this blog most of the afternoon. But here is the series of unfortunate events that led me to the phone.

We bought a wireless printer so we can print from all of our devices. When Ben connected it to our 6 year old desktop, it challenged him, and it won. Now our WiFi will not work on any device except for the desktop. I fought this for a while, trying to find a solution. No luck. I thought I would go ahead and type it on the desktop. However, the keyboard drawer is broken, and it kept falling in my lap. I finally gave up, thinking that maybe I should just be relaxing, as I have been fighting a mean cold for days. So I sit down to watch television. I get about halfway into a good show, and of course, the antenna decides not to work. Seriously!!

So I resort to my phone as my means to write this blog. But hold on a minute...Now I have walk off a foot cramp.

Less than 27 hours! Let's get through them, and hope for a great new start in 2013! I am thinking it has to be a great year for me. 13 IS my lucky number! Some of the best birthdays I have had were on Friday the 13th's.

Let's find a way to hold on to one another, and pull each other through the rough times. Keep doing random acts of kindness. Keep praying. Keep counting your blessings. And always keep smiling!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly

The Mystery of Strength