Cancer's Blessing of a Friend


Today, I want to celebrate the life of my friend, Toni Wood, who lost her life to cancer and went to heaven on December 8, 2012.  As I sat with many others honoring the life of Toni, I felt so privileged to have been given a chance to get to know such an amazing woman, even though it was for a very short time.

I met Toni several years ago, when her son Weston was on the high school soccer team with my nephew.  My boys were ball boys for the home games.  They really looked up to Weston.  During the last game of the season, I set out to meet Toni, because I wanted to tell her how great I thought her son was. I didn't see her again for several years, but I knew she has been diagnosed with cancer. 

Not long after I was diagnosed with cancer, we connected again.  I enjoyed chatting with Toni as she became a source of encouragement for me, always letting me know she was praying for me.   I will never forget how supportive and helpful she was to me ....giving me strength as her fading. 



Rest in Peace Toni
You will be missed by many.
I am so thankful for the gift of four months we had to support each other.
I think you knew I was going to be okay, your words are always with me.
"I will be praying for you. Just remember to keep your faith and trust in God. The doctors will figure out your right recipe and get you fixed."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

The Mystery of Strength

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly