Celebrating Mother's Day on Cancer's Road to Recovery


My wonderful mother who has taught
me by example and given me so much! 
     I woke up extra thankful this morning as my five children surrounded me with hugs and a delicious breakfast in bed. While Mother's Day always makes me feel so thankful for the women in my life, today was different. 
     I am so thankful to be alive, and that I was given a chance to beat the cancer that tried to invade my life.  When you become a mother with cancer, at first you can't breathe because you realize how much you have to lose. Upon hearing those dreadful words, I was prepared to do whatever I had to do to beat it and not miss a moment of my children's lives.  When I think about the fact that if I hadn't scheduled my mammogram when I did, if I had waited maybe even 6 months, this could have been a very different story. 
     I am also thankful for all of the women who are and have been blessings in my life, especially in the last 9 months! This shouldn't be a day dictated by Hallmark and the best "sales of the season."  This should be a day that we celebrate all the women in our lives whether they are our mothers, daughters, aunts, nieces, sisters, Godmothers or friends. The best gifts are not the ones you can buy. They are the gifts of your time together; loving, encouraging, and inspiring each other. 
     My Mother's Day wish...as much of an inconvenience as it may be in your busy life, and even though you feel like it would never happen to you, please take the cancer preventative measures that we are so blessed to have and encourage the other women in your life to do the same. 
    Happy Mother's Day!
 

This blog post is dedicated to the memory of my Grandmothers...

My Grandmother, Saloma, who I have missed terribly for the last 15 years. This woman's life is an amazing story of strength. She taught by example leading a simple Amish life, raising 10 children and becoming a grandmother to 66 children. What I wouldn't do for a conversation with her today.






My Grandmother, Mary Kathryne, who I never got a chance to meet as she passed away with Tuberculosis when my mother was 13 years old. And her three wonderful sisters who stayed strong in my mother's life and then as Grandmothers in mine.  Oh how I miss these women!
 


Comments

  1. infertility for easy Conception. (No more adoption, with Dr Itua your problem will solve and you will have your child with ease.I have been  blog Sites for a while now and today i felt like i should share my story because i was a victim too. I had endometriosis for 18 years and i never thought i would ever get a cure due to the terrible symptoms i had and this made it impossible for me to get pregnant even after 12 years of marriage and it was a serious issue. I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cure and let her contact details, i contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and i decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 this december and also I was suffering from brain cancer which I also explain to Dr Itua so he prepared herbal medicine for me which I drank for two weeks to cure my brian cancer so if you are suffering from any kind of diseases you can contact Dr Itua herbal center to get your cure successfully,  i am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Epilepsy, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Lupus, ALS, HPV, Erectile dysfunction, Menstrual Cramp, Get Your Ex Back,  If you have (A just reach his on (drituaherbalcenter@gmail. com Or Whatsapp Number..+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital issues.He's a good man. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

The Mystery of Strength

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly