Lori's Lady Lumps Getting Dirty at the Dirty Girl Mud Run

I had the pleasure of getting dirty with my team of 30 wonderful women yesterday at the Dirty Girl Mud Run.  Several months ago, my friend Dawn told me she would like to put a team together for the run in my honor.  I never dreamed that we would have such a large team. 

For those of you who are not familiar with the Dirty Girl Mud Run, it is a 5K run and obstacle course with the added feature of MUD! You have crawl through the mud, climb over mud, wade through a muddy creek, slide into a mud pool and more. It goes on all day long with a new wave of women starting every 15 minutes.  Our wave started at 8:00 am which we all whined about beforehand...but in the end, I think we were all glad we were in the first wave.  After the run, you are covered in mud...mud in your hair, mud in your ears, mud in your shoes, and a few other places where you do not want mud to be! However, you do get a cute T-shirt, a necklace and one free beer...which yes, we drank at 10:00 am. 
 
I had such a fun day...one of the best days since my diagnosis.  You see, it wasn't just the women on my team that inspired me, but the thousands of women who were there to run to raise money for the fight against breast cancer.  I wasn't able to do the whole course as I had a chemo treatment a couple days before the run, and my expanders also put limits on what I am able to do.  So I am hoping my team will all come back and have some muddy fun with me again next year!
Love you girls!

You can see more pictures at   http://dirtygirlmudrunlorisladylumps.shutterfly.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly

The Mystery of Strength