October Highlights


October has finally come to a close.  It was a long month of many supportive blessings as well as many struggles.  Below, I thought I would share some of the highlights that made this month special for me. 

October 5
IU Health invited me to go onto the field for the Colts Breast Cancer Awareness event at Lucas Oil Stadium.  This was so special to me to share this moment with 74 other breast cancer survivors. 

October 18
Dan Young had their 3rd annual car wash and raised almost $1,000 for the Women's Fund of the Tipton County Foundation to use for breast cancer awareness in our county!





October 21 
Last year, I was thrilled when IU Health Tipton Hospital agreed to work with me to create "Turn Pink with Tipton" Breast Health Awareness Event.  I was honored to help plan this event again this year.  Nearly 80 women attended this informative evening with two doctors speaking and many educational booths and free health screenings. 

 

October 30
The Vera Bradley Breast Cancer Foundation announced that they had raised $3,200,000 in the last year for breast cancer research at the IU Health Simon Cancer Center.  My doctor, Dr. Cathy Miller is pictured here in the check presentations!  So proud to say she is my Oncologist!!


Hope, Joy & Laughter...
Carry them with you, wherever you go

And don't put off getting your mammogram! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

The Mystery of Strength

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly