Please Give Me Some Good News

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence, by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.  You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."  Eleanor Roosevelt

I have stared fear in the face for over nine weeks now. The life-changing words I heard on August 27, forever ringing in my ears, brought me to a new place. I have had some of the lowest and most anxious moments in my life facing the realities of my MBC diagnosis. But, I have also had some of the most amazing and memorable moments shared with family and friends, and look so forward to those to come!
This week, I have anxiously stepped into the next phase...which has turned out to be a good phase God has blessed me with. 
Monday, I had a CT scan of my chest and neck. Two long days later, as I sat in the exam room, heart pounding, waiting for Dr. Miller to come in, all I could think was..."Please just give me some good news." I am excited to share with all of you that Dr. Miller says everything is looking as she hoped and my fourth Taxotere chemo treatment will be the last one for now! She hugged me and held my hands as I cried tears of joy. It is so strengthening to be blessed with a doctor that you have complete confidence in. 
I will continue to get Herceptin and Perjeta infusions every three weeks. While these treatments have their own side effects...nothing as ugly as the chemo!
I really wish that I could put into words what this news feels like...how thankful, how blessed, how fortunate, how empowered I feel right now. There are no words. I couldn't do it without the support and prayers of my amazing #teamlori.  Now we keep bravely marching on into the uncertain future...together...one step at a time.  


Yesterday, I was so excited to be with my a dear friend, Deb, from St. Louis.  We had such a beautiful day catching up while I finished up treatment #4.  What a blessing to have a friend make a special trip to Indiana to spend the day with me.  Thanks Deb!  

Appreciate everyday...remember to find something beautiful and find something to laugh about each and everyday.           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly

The Mystery of Strength