Time with Family

I am a little behind on posting!  Life got busy after my last post with Christmas and some traveling.  So let's get up to speed. 


A fun Christmas Day tradition...goofy picture
This Christmas Season was so very special to me. Christmas gifts and time with family take on a new meaning when you have been diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer.   



New Year's Eve at IU Simon Cancer Center
With the kids out of school for break, I was so excited that they could go with me to Treatment #7.  Sadly, when we arrived, we found out that they could not go back with me.  Flu season had hit, and they would not allow children in the infusion area.  But they were troopers, hanging out together in the waiting room for over three hours while visions of Cayman danced in their heads.

Two days later, off we went for a week's vacation in Grand Cayman.  I cannot explain what a blessing this trip was for Ben and me.  I have wished for a long time that I might be able to take the kids to the most beautiful place I had ever been. I will be forever grateful to those who made this possible for us.  The quality family time is irreplaceable and so special to my heart. When you are suddenly given a timeline with no numbers, you want to make every moment with your family count.























Make every moment count!
Blessing to all you who keep us in your prayers!  
Happy New Year!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

The Mystery of Strength

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly