Time with Friends, My Blond Moments

I no longer have to go to IU Simon Cancer Center every three weeks, so I can do some of my infusions at our local hospital.  During Treatment #8, I got to spend time with my dear friend Becky. Luke & Lydia also walked over after school to join me.






     Do blonds have more fun? Well, I decided maybe it was time for me to find out!  I tried some platinum hair just in time for a fun little vacation with some amazing friends! 

      So you know how you and your girlfriends talk about going on a girls' trip, but that is all you end up doing, talking about it? Well we did it! Stupid cancer started throwing curve balls at me, so we stopped talking about it and planned it!

 
We decided on Key Largo as our destination because while searching breastcancerfreebies.com, I found something I had always wanted to do. Oma's Dolphin Swim Program at Dolphinsplus had a free opportunity for me to swim with dolphins. I absolutely loved this experience, as did my friends.  Dolphins are truly amazing, gentle creatures that are so playful and loving.


     Now I would love to tell you more about our trip, but the rest of what happened in Key Largo stays in Key Largo.  However, I can tell you that we did share some fabulous seafood, fun beverages, our thoughts, our worries, our hopes, our struggles, and of course...
laughter, laughter, and more laughter. 
What a true blessing to spend time with eight of my dearest friends.  These women have give me so much through this journey. They each hold such a special place in my heart.  Love my girls!








Maybe blonds do have more fun ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bravery in the Moments of Brokenness

Breast Expanders...What are They and How Do They Work?

Starting Chemo...The Search for Miss Wiggly